Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
Niagalé Bagayoko is a political scientist. She has done extensive field research on security systems in African Francophone countries, Western security policies (France, United States, European Union) in Africa and African conflict-management mechanisms, focusing on the interface between security and development. She has taught at the Institut d’Etudes Politiques (Science Po) in Paris. From 2010 to 2015, she managed the “peacekeeping and peacebuilding programme” at the International Organisation of La Francophonie (OIF). She is now the Chair of the African Security Sector Network (ASSN) .
African Security Sector Network (ASSN)
à mai 2018
- - Co-lead with Professor Eboe Hutchful of the programme “Engaging African civil society organisations in security sector governance at the continental and regional level”, OXFAM NOVIB, Phase I and II (November 2017-December 2020);
- - Responsible for the study “civil-military relations in Burkina Faso”, commissioned by the UNDP (march-may 2018);
- - Responsible for coordinating the draft new French interagency doctrine on Ssecurity sector reform (February 2018 – January 2019;
- - Team leader of the MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) on “Peace and Security in Francophone Africa” for the University Leopold Sedar Senghor (Alexandrai, Egypt) (July 2018-March 2019)
- - Co-lead with Professor Eboe Hutchful of the research “Security sector reform and governance in West Africa”, UNOWAS (January-March 2018)
- - Responsible for the study of the “Security Sector Reform Process in Mali”, Programme “Stabilizing Mali: Challenges of conflicts resolution” managed by the Université Quebec Montreal (UQAM) and funded by the Canadian Government (March 2017-March 2019);
- - "Transitional Justice in the Central African Republic", Programme African Comparative Transitional Justice Study, Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (June 2017-March 2018)
- - "Security Sector Reform Processes in Central Africa", Research for the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF (Summer 2017)
- - Evaluation of the United Nations Standing Advisory Committee on Security Questions in Central Africa (UNSAC) for the United Nations Regional Office for Central Africa (UNOCA) and the Department of Political Affairs (DPA) /United Nations (February-June 2017);
- - Team Leader (8 persons) of two assessments commissioned by the USAID (United States Agency for International Development) and managed by CARE International: “Conflict analysis: understanding the prevalent conflicts that affect food, nutrition and income security in Mopti region“ and “Political economy analysis for food and nutrition security and community resilience in Northern Mali” (August-January 2016);
- - Member of the SSR Joint Assessment Mission (African Union, United Nations, European Union, ECOWAS, OIF, ASSN) in Mali (November 2015) funded by the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS)
- - Member of the Joint Support International Team (African Union, United Nations, European Union, ECOWAS, OIF, ASSN) to the organization of the National SSR Seminar in Madagascar (October 2015) funded by the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
- - Co-lead with Professor Eboe Hutchful of the “Hybrid Security Orders” programme, (funded by the Canadian International Development Research Centre - IDRC) aimed to provide a more informed and realistic understanding of societal realities, often informal, within which is rooted African security and development governance ;